Thursday 30 January 2014

DONE IT!!! Day 29 and 30!!!

Am not sure if it a sigh because I have finished and will be sad not to be doing as much painting over the next few days or a sigh of relief because I have actually finished and don't need to do as much painting over the next few days!! It has been a test that's for sure and I feel quite a sense of achievement having completed all 30 paintings. Last time I didn't manage it so was determined to give it my best shot this time!!

As you will have seen I have done a few studies of my art equipment so this is the final one in that series... some tubes of paint!! Not drawn just painted very loose and fast. Fiddling is very tempting with this sort of thing but often best left alone as soon as you see something happening!!

And the final painting!! A single snowdrop painted with one of my favourite colour combinations.... Schmincke May Green, Cobalt Turquoise and Winsor Violet and no reference, just a fairly free impression of the flower.

Leslie's Blog

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Two lovely ones to finish with. Enjoy a rest now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do Polly!! I have quite a few workshops happening soon so I need to get some serious practice done for them...I have some all day ones in March which I need to get to grips with so will still be painting but will be a bit more repetitive!!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on accomplishing all 30-in-30!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done here's to the next 30 !

    ReplyDelete

Would like to thank you all for taking the time to visit my blog, why not leave me a message then I know you've popped by!! If you have any enquiries please send me an e-mail to

judesfarnworth@hotmail.com