Sunday 26 January 2014

Day 22, 23 and 24

Hmm.... caught up a touch this morning.. decided to go around my art room painting bits and pieces... no drawing just painting and for the first two just two colours (and a hint of raw sienna in the brushes) burnt sienna and UB. The brushes are not ones I normally use and are just stuck in a pot on my window sill and the small drawers  are where I keep my paints....a drawer for every option of colour and a few spares!! You know me!! Might carry on with this theme for the rest of the challenge as they are quicker than full paintings and am not sure what time I will have this week....

The final one today, is one I started yesterday and am quite pleased with how it has turned out..... when I came back to it today somehow I had a much better of how to continue....the light was fading yesterday and I didn't know where to go with it but today it has sort of told me where to go... don't you just love it when that happens? Each year I try and do a few primrose and snowdrop paintings and this is the first primrose this year... I like it better than my efforts last year... here they are if you're interested. Jean Haines posted a step by step on her blog which I loosely followed but am hoping you can see some improvement as I think I can!! Different palette to the previous ones and I think I prefer the brighter colours

Cerulean
Lemon Yellow
Winsor Voilet
Translucent orange and touch of Cad yellow

Leslie's Blog

2 comments:

  1. Three lovely paintings. Nice to see your personal items and so well painted too. You have picked some interesting subjects, not many to go

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first two are a nice use of a limited pallet. Love the looseness in the third piece. I need more practice doing flowers loosely.

    ReplyDelete

Would like to thank you all for taking the time to visit my blog, why not leave me a message then I know you've popped by!! If you have any enquiries please send me an e-mail to

judesfarnworth@hotmail.com