Saturday 11 January 2014

Day 8,9,10 and 11

Not doing too well, not because I haven't been painting but haven't had chance to post a blog!!

I have managed one big painting which has a bit of a story to it (don't they all!!) and a few small studies.

I am taking some paintings to be scanned for printing... prompted finally by the sale of a favourite painting which has not yet been collected so I have chance to get it scanned. I have known about this particular gallery for some time... a friend of mine, Gill Fox has recommended them and I believe she does some tutoring at the gallery as well as having her paintings for sale there too. The Gallery is Art and Soul in Padiham. Check them out!!

Anyway tomorrow I will be taking a few paintings which I hope will lend themselves to be printed. But one I would like to get printed is currently in an exhibition and as I have done this painting for one or two groups recently I had some unfinished paintings of the subject and decided to finish one off so that I could take it tomorrow. A lot of you will recognise it as it has been a popular painting and I have sold a lot of greetings cards from it


This one is not too dissimilar from the original and am happy for it to go for printing.

The other paintings are small studies of trees and little landscapes mainly as I need to work more on my landscapes this year


Out of interest this is the painting which has galvanised me into action as for only the second time I felt quite sorrowful at its departure!!! I am normally happy to sell a painting but this is a favourite and I would have been very happy to keep it myself. Done in Brusho and for those who are interested here is the link to my review about the Brusho DVD and book and there is also a link for anyone who might want to buy at the end of the blog.

So a bit of a mismatch of paintings today... will try to do better next week!!

Leslie's Blog

6 comments:

  1. Well, I enjoyed the variety of paintings so no need to apologize at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rhonda, lol!! When I did my exhibition the variety of work was commented on.... always wonder if I need to start concentrating on specific topics, and then something else sparks my interest!!

      Delete
  2. These show your versatality. All nice paintings Judith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean.. I really need to do more landscapes, but I do find them difficult.... am hoping to put that right this year!!

      Delete
  3. Jean Lurssen pinched my words exactly. You are very versatile. Good luck in the gallery and with your prints

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Polly, had a good day at the gallery and should have some nice prints on the way!!

      Delete

Would like to thank you all for taking the time to visit my blog, why not leave me a message then I know you've popped by!! If you have any enquiries please send me an e-mail to

judesfarnworth@hotmail.com