Sunday 15 April 2012

Rolo

This picture really tickled me and is another lovely pooch called Rolo, my other post of Rolo reminded me of this one, Rolo is such a great name for a dog!!! This is Gwen Card's dog, she is a fantastic artist does a lot of animal portraits and posted this image on PMP for us painters to paint. Check out Gwen's website

http://www.thefrontporchartstudio.com/

I really had no idea just how to approach this so didn't plan much... I know, big mistake but for me this was one which just happened and I actually liked the finished piece...... and guess what, so did Gwen!!!!!

You can imagine my surprise and pure delight when Gwen e-mailed me and asked me was it for sale.... she loved it!!!!!........ so it became my first watercolour sale and I sent it to Canada where she has it hanging amongst some of her own wonderful work...... my hubbie said I'd gone global!!!!! Rolo must be a lucky charm for me as they are both wonderful dogs and both inspired me to paint them....

2 comments:

  1. I remember this one Judith. Well done on your sale. Global you are! This is only the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The global bit made me laugh Brian after only one sale!!!But yes I hope the beginning!!! Am going to do my first exhibition in a month. My new group exhibit once a month and though sales were brisk the for first time in Feb, things have been slower since, so not hopeful but I won't know if I don't try!!!

    ReplyDelete

Would like to thank you all for taking the time to visit my blog, why not leave me a message then I know you've popped by!! If you have any enquiries please send me an e-mail to

judesfarnworth@hotmail.com