Thursday 24 May 2018

Best Brusho!!

This is the final preparation piece I did for my workshop which I ran yesterday and I have to say I loved it!!

I decided to scrap the pen and go with a light pencil drawing (one of the problems with using pencil is that us you go in too heavy with the Brusho the pencil lines will not be very clear) and in this instance only use 2 colours.

I usually use 3 or 4 colours and though I love the black and how it separates into a myriad of other colours I have rarely used it in my paintings. As an aside I will be using it a lot more now!!

So I used black and yellow....sprinkled both colours very sparingly as I wanted to leave more white space on this so as I sprayed I quickly dabbed the wet areas so that the water didn't spread the colour too widely.

In the workshop we did one pen painting and one pencil so that I could explain the benefits of both styles but how the pencil allows for more emotion and atmosphere as lost edges can be used more easily. With the pen, there is a barrier and though you can still use contrast of light and dark, you don't have that loose feel you can get with lost edges.

Here is the painting, I would be really interested to hear which you prefer between this and the paintings I featured in my previous blog here.

1 comment:

  1. I like this one better than the ones with lines!

    ReplyDelete

Would like to thank you all for taking the time to visit my blog, why not leave me a message then I know you've popped by!! If you have any enquiries please send me an e-mail to

judesfarnworth@hotmail.com